Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla. Made with Bootstrap.
Theme built by Kasper Kronborg Isager
Our new theme "Basement" just released on ThemeForest.
Excerpts hooked in homepage multiplyapps
  • Hi,

Great theme! I just wander how can I add excerpt or short description under apps listed on home page. I am calling apps with shortcode [app count=’-1’]

I have already registered excerpts in app page (backend) trough function.php with add_post_type_support('app', 'excerpt'); just need to call it in after app-info div in app.php.

another question that going after this is do I need to create full path to app.php in child theme or I can drop it in root of child theme?

Thanks in advance and hope you will be quick
  • nutraweenutrawee
    Accepted Answer
    Hi there,

Great theme! I just wander how can I add excerpt or short description under apps listed on home page. I am calling apps with shortcode [app count=’-1’]

- To customize "app" shortcode, please consider: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7407873/apps.php_—_grizzly-2.jpg

I have already registered excerpts in app page (backend) trough function.php with add_post_type_support('app', 'excerpt'); just need to call it in after app-info div in app.php.

another question that going after this is do I need to create full path to app.php in child theme or I can drop it in root of child theme?

- In this case you have to customize the core theme

Cheers.
  • OK thanks

I have already done shortcode myself.
    do you provide updates on your site or github with marked changes to prevent breakings in customizations like this?