Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla. Made with Bootstrap.
Theme built by Kasper Kronborg Isager
Our new theme "Basement" just released on ThemeForest.
Picture sizes
  • Hi,

Very nice template!

What should be optimal sizes of the images in Slider, Standard Features and Other Features sections, so they will look good in iPad?

Currently I see Slider is 1000×400 and the rest are 600×300, however when I view the site from iPad those pictures look stretched.

Thank you!
  • OK,

I found out that depends on the resolution and device, same images are rendered at different sizes.

Slider:
    1000 X 400 - Normal
    730 X 292 - iPad
    290 X 116 - iPhone

600 X 300 - Normal
    730 X 365 - iPad
    290 X 145 - iPhone

So, it turns out that if I don't want my images to be stretched in iPad, I need them to be at 730 X 365 resolution. Otherwise, 600 X 300 becomes 730 X 365 which looks bad in iPad.

Correct?

Also, how can I change the size of the default image size in Slider to be for example 960 X 480 without having white space around the slider placeholder?

Thank you!
  • Hi mkalika,

Thank you for purchasing & using Polar !

mkalika said: So, it turns out that if I don't want my images to be stretched in iPad, I need them to be at 730 X 365 resolution. Otherwise, 600 X 300 becomes 730 X 365 which looks bad in iPad.

- The width of image will stretch to it container, if you put it in one_third, image will have width about 300px and the height will be scaled in the same ratio.
    - In this case, I suggest you to use image that width 730px. I accept that this is not a good practice because when the site render on Desktop or Mobile, it will be a scaled version (will cause distort & comsume more bandwidth). I will try to find the best solution and implement it on next release. Sorry for this inconvenience.

mkalika said: Also, how can I change the size of the default image size in Slider to be for example 960 X 480 without having white space around the slider placeholder?

- You can wrap it with DIV element, please see sample code below :

<div style="width:960px; margin:0 auto;">
    <div class="frame"> ... </div>
    </div>
    <div class="slide-control"></div>

Hope this helps :)
  • Hi nutrawee,

Thank you for the help!

I will try your suggestion.